Check available licenses
Before adding new users to a customer make sure that there are enough available licenses on the customer's account. If additional licenses are needed they can be added from the Settings tab of the Company.
When users are added to a company these steps occur:
- The user account is created in Password Boss
- An email is sent to the user with a temporary password and a link to download the client application
- Each new user reduces the available license count for a company.
As a best practice, before you add new users to Password Boss make sure the user knows what will be happening so they do not delete the onboarding email with the temporary password. If a user does delete the onboarding email you will need to reset their password from the Users tab to create a new temporary password for the user.
The onboarding email the users receive includes a dynamic link to download the correct application for their operating system. If a user clicks the download link from a mobile device they will be taken to the correct mobile app store to download the Password Boss app.
From the Companies list, click the name of the company you are adding users for
From the Users tab click the blue + and select single or multiple users.
- Required fields are first name, last name and email address
- When you add a single user you can also select group membership for the user.
- Enter a comma-separated list of the email address for the users to be added.
- On the second screen, you need to enter the first and last name for each user.
Updated over 1 year ago