This policy works best when used with the Force business items into team profile policy
This policy creates a centralized backup of all items stored in the business profile on all users’ accounts.
The policy serves many purposes including:
- Making a backup of all data in all user's business profile.
- Preventing the loss of data when team members leave the business
This policy does not backup any items stored in a user’s Personal profile.
Accessing the backup data requires using the Password Boss Backup File Viewer application.
- The default value is DISABLED.
- When this policy is ENABLED you will receive a private key that is used to access your backup data. Do not lose this key; it cannot be recovered if you lose it. Without this key, you will not be able to access any backup data.
- When this policy is ENABLED backups will be scheduled and will start soon.
- Backup files will be available for download on the Backups tab of the company in the portal.
- Each device a user has will upload backup files.
- Backups are retained for 90 days. All backups older than 90 days are automatically deleted.
- Each time you ENABLE this policy you will receive a new private key.
- When this policy is DISABLED backups are disabled.
- Changing this policy from ENABLED to DISABLED immediately deletes and current backup files.
- We recommend enabling this policy for all companies.
- Save the private key in Password Boss as a digital note and on an external USB drive that is locked up in a secure storage location.
- Anyone with the private key can access the backup data. Do not share the private key with anyone who absolutely does not need access to it.
This policy is available to all accounts with an Advanced or Trial subscription.
Updated over 2 years ago