The installer for single installation deployment installs Password Boss for Windows machine-wide to Program Files (x86). It is multi-client-capable, meaning that it can be used by multiple users on one machine, keeping their profiles separate in %ROAMINGAPPDATA%.
Using this method, Password Boss will not receive automatic updates.
Who's it for
This method is best for companies in which multiple employees use the same machine, like terminal servers, and/or need to control which version of Password Boss they use.
Who's it not for
Companies in which people use their own machines and use the automatic update functionality in Password Boss should use the standard per-user installer.
- Single installation on a machine means a smaller hard drive footprint at scale.
- All user-related data (saved passwords, notes, etc) is stored in %ROAMINGAPPDATA%.
- Your team must monitor to ensure the latest version of Password Boss is installed.
- IT maintenance is required to keep Password Boss up-to-date.
- Download the installer - links below
- Run the installer which will guide you through the installation process.
The Password Boss app icon will appear on the Start Menu
Installing using RMM
Use the same instructions for installing the Password Boss exe file in silent mode
RMM installation instructions
Keeping Password Boss updated
When installed using the machine-wide installer, Password Boss does not auto-update. In order to stay current with new Password Boss releases, we have provided a Changelog that lists Password Boss updates.
Updated 7 days ago