Password Boss can generate the 2FA codes needed to login to Microsoft Global Admin accounts that are protected with MFA.
Using Password Boss to generate the 2FA codes allows you to:
- Enable 2FA on all Global Admin accounts - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Easily share the 2FA codes with your team so any team member can access the 2FA codes from their copy of Password Boss. This replaces workarounds like shared phones, manually sharing codes in Teams, etc.
- Revoke access to 2FA codes at any time.
- Login to Azure
- Open your Profile and select Additional security verification.
Tip - click the images to make them larger
- Click Setup authenticator app.
- Do not use the QR code or the code shown on this screen. Click Configure app without notifications.
- Either copy the Secret Key shown on the screen and paste the code into the Secret Key field in Password Boss, or scan the QR code with the Password Boss mobile app.
No spaces in secret key
When entering the Secret Key into Password Boss be sure to remove any spaces from the secret key.
- Click the Save button in Password Boss next to the secret key to begin generating codes. Finish the verification process with Microsoft to enable 2FA.
- Change the default verification method to Use verification code from app or token.
- Password Boss is now configured to generate 2FA codes for this login.
Updated over 1 year ago